Home > 1982 Paris attack: Norway examines French request to extradite one suspect

News
1982 Paris attack: Norway examines French request to extradite one suspect

Description

Norwegian court hears extradition case for French suspect in 1982 Paris Jewish restaurant terror attack.

Added on the 25/09/2020 11:17:18 - Copyright : France 24 EN

To customise your video :

Or Create an account

More videos on the subject

  • Images of the setting of a deadly 1982 Paris attack as suspect is extradited from Norway

    More than 38 years after a deadly attack on a restaurant in the Jewish quarter of Paris, one of the four identified suspects, Abou Zayed, has arrived in Paris, extradited by Norway. This could pave the way for a trial in one of the oldest terrorism cases in France. Six people were killed and 22 injured when between three and five men opened fire and threw grenades into Jo Goldenberg's restaurant, "Pletzl" on August 9 1982. The restaurant has since been replaced by a shop selling clothes in fluorescent colours, reflecting the transformation of the neighbourhood into a tourist mecca. As for the witnesses of the bloody attack, they are dead, have left the neighbourhood, or prefer to remain out of the spotlight.

    05/12/2020 - AFP EN
  • Paris attack suspect transferred back to French prison

    Paris attack suspect Saleh Abdeslam was immediately transferred back from his first day in court in Brussels to Vendin-Le-Vieil prison in northern France on Monday night, according to his lawyer Sven Mary. IMAGES

    05/02/2018 - AFPTV - First images
  • Man charged with deadly 1982 attack on kosher restaurant in Paris

    Walid Abdulrahman Abou Zayed was extradited to France on Friday by Norway, where he had settled in 1991.

    05/12/2020 - Euronews EN
  • French police file terror charges over Paris meat cleaver attack

    A man who wounded two people in a meat cleaver attack in Paris last week near the former offices of satirical weekly newpaper Charlie Hebdo, has been charged with attempted murder with relation to a terrorist enterprise. The suspect, who has identified himself as 25-year-old Pakistani-born Zaheer Hassan Mehmood, has admitted he lied to police when he said he was 18 and had entered the country as a minor, the lead prosecutor in the case said.

    30/09/2020 - France 24 EN