Home > 418 People Say They Got Sick After Eating Chipotle

News
418 People Say They Got Sick After Eating Chipotle

Description

Hollis Johnson/Business Insider Chipotle closed a restaurant in Powell, Ohio, on Monday following reports that customers got sick after eating there. The local health department told Business Insider that it had received 518 calls and emails related to the possible illness outbreak. A total of 418 people said they fell ill after eating at the restaurant, according to reports made to the website iwaspoisoned.com . Chipotle had two to five staff members call off work while citing illness on Sunday and Monday, the company told health officials.

Added on the 02/08/2018 11:48:55 - Copyright : Wochit

To customise your video :

Or Create an account

More videos on the subject

  • Ohio Officials Identify What Caused 648 People To Become Sick After Eating Chipotle

    Health officials in Ohio say they have found the source of the foodborne illness outbreak that sickened at least 648 people who ate at a local Chipotle restaurant. Stool samples taken from customers who got sick after eating at the Powell, Ohio restaurant tested positive for Clostridium perfringens, a foodborne disease that occurs when food is left at unsafe temperatures.

    16/08/2018 - Wochit
  • Chipotle Has Made Hundreds Of People Sick In Ohio

    Hundreds of people have reported falling ill this week after eating at Chipotle in Ohio. As of July 31, 518 people made inquiries related to a possible outbreak of foodborne illness at Chipotle. Gizmodo reports the Ohio Department of Health is testing for salmonella, shigella, and norovirus. The Delaware County, Ohio location was shut down and inspected by health officials on Monday. It reopened the next day and will be inspected again later this week. Chipotle experienced two outbreaks of E. coli in 2015.

    03/08/2018 - Wochit
  • 20 College Students in Boston Get Sick After Eating Chipotle

    Shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill fell 4.7 percent in extended trading on Monday, after Boston College said students, including members of the men's basketball team, fell ill after dining at the popular burrito chain. Boston College spokesman Jack Dunn said that the students complained of gastrointestinal symptoms and the common factor among the students is that they had all eaten at the Chipotle restaurant in Boston's Cleveland Circle over the weekend.

    08/12/2015 - Wochit
  • Chrissy Teigen can't stop eating sandwiches at 3am

    Chrissy Teigen is obsessed with eating sandwiches at 3am - and she can't sleep unless she has one.

    23/05/2019 - BANG Showbiz
  • Gordon Ramsay Defends New Restaurant From Scathing Attack

    Gordon Ramsay issued a response after a critic called his latest restaurant a "real life Ramsay kitchen nightmare." Business Insider reports the restaurant, Lucky Cat, is billed as a "vibrant Asian Eating House." It draws on "experiences and inspiration from trips to the Far East." Ramsay has drawn criticism for not employing an Asian head chef. He opted for Ben Orpwood who had apparently "travelled back and forth to south Asia for many months." Writing in Eater London, Angela Hui said she was the only east Asian person in a room of 30-40 journalists and chefs. Ramsey wasn't having the criticism. Ramsay chastised Hui for a "slew of derogatory and offensive social media posts" that she posted during the evening. The interaction reignited a debate about cultural appropriation on Twitter. Ramsay received accusations of cultural appropriation when the launch of Lucky Cat was first announced.

    15/04/2019 - Wochit
  • Renault : 5000 postes supprimés en France

    Renault : 5000 postes supprimés en France

    27/05/2020 - LCI