Home > Nissan's Ghosn Given 2 More Charges

News
Nissan's Ghosn Given 2 More Charges

Description

FILE PHOTO - Carlos Ghosn, chairman and CEO of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance, attends at the Tomorrow In Motion event on the eve of press day at the Paris Auto Show, in Paris, France, October 1, 2018. REUTERS/Regis Duvignau/File Photo TOKYO (Reuters) - Tokyo prosecutors indicted former Nissan Motor Co Ltd Chairman Carlos Ghosn on two new charges of financial misconduct on Friday, local media reported, adding to the legal challenges for the once-feted auto executive. Ghosn was charged with aggravated breach of trust for temporarily transferring personal investment losses to Nissan in 2008, and for understating his compensation for three fiscal years through March 2018, the Nikkei business daily said.

Added on the 11/01/2019 07:15:08 - Copyright : Wochit

To customise your video :

Or Create an account

More videos on the subject

  • Ghosn Gets 2 More Indictments

    TOKYO -- Tokyo prosecutors have indicted ousted Nissan Chairman Carlos Ghosn on two additional charges, further complicating the legal battle facing the jailed auto executive. The first of the two new indictments alleges that Ghosn temporarily shifted personal securities losses to Nissan, in a special breach of trust case. As part of the charge, prosecutors also claim Ghosn then arranged for Nissan to pay an associate who helped him with the red ink.

    11/01/2019 - Wochit
  • Ghosn Hit With Fresh Charges

    CNN is reporting that Carlos Ghosn has been indicted on fresh charges of breach of trust. The Tokyo Prosecutors' Office said Ghosn is suspected of funneling $5 million of Nissan's money to a car dealership he controlled. The new indictment is the fourth set of formal charges made by Japanese prosecutors against the former chairman of Nissan and Renault. The charges come on the day Ghosn's most recent detention in Tokyo was due to expire.

    22/04/2019 - Wochit
  • Ghosn's Lawyer Denies Reports Of New Charges Against Former Nissan Boss

    The lawyer for ousted Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn on Wednesday said he had not had any requests from Tokyo prosecutors, after the Yomiuri newspaper and other media outlets reported authorities were preparing a fresh case against him. Junichiro Hironaka made the comment to reporters in Tokyo. He also said that a tweet on Ghosn’s newly created Twitter account on Wednesday did not violate the terms of his bail, which precludes internet usage. Ghosn promised to “tell the truth” at a news conference next week, taking to Twitter to announce his first briefing since being released on bail last month and hours after the report that he could face fresh charges.

    03/04/2019 - Wochit
  • Former Nissan Boss Ghosn Committed To Fighting 'Meritless & Unsubstantiated' Charges

    According to a report by Reuters, ousted Nissan Motor chairman Carlos Ghosn said that he was innocent and committed to fighting the 'meritless and unsubstantiated' accusations against him. Ghosn's statement was made ahead of his expected release from prison on bail. Ghosn reportedly said, "I am extremely grateful for my family and friends who have stood by me throughout this terrible ordeal. I am innocent and totally committed to vigorously defending myself in a fair trial against these meritless and unsubstantiated accusations.”

    05/03/2019 - Wochit
  • Carlos Ghosn's detention: Ex-Nissan chief indicted on two new charges

    Benjamin Amar, Chief advocacy officer at CGT Val de Marne

    16/01/2019 - France 24 EN