Home > 'Without air pollution, my daughter would still be here' says London mother whose child died from respiratory failure

News
'Without air pollution, my daughter would still be here' says London mother whose child died from respiratory failure

Description

The mother of a nine-year-old girl who died from acute respiratory failure in London after repeated asthma attacks says that without air pollution her daughter would "still be here" and that she hopes a coroner's inquest will conclude that it played a role in her death.

Added on the 30/11/2020 18:56:30 - Copyright : AFP EN

To customise your video :

Or Create an account

More videos on the subject

  • Italian steel factory accused of thousands of deaths related to toxic emissions

    The Tamburi site is at the centre of a huge legal case. Experts cited by prosecutors have said some 7,500 people were killed in the area over seven years by diseases linked to toxic emissions.

    14/11/2019 - Euronews EN
  • London mayor talks air pollution with Delhi school children

    Sadiq Khan is in the Indian capital New Delhi as part of an air quality exchange project between schools in different countries, for students to learn about their environment.

    05/12/2017 - AFP EN
  • Madonna remains heartbroken in child residency case

    Madonna couldn't resist sharing her heartache on social media, pointing out just how much she misses her son Rocco.

    12/02/2016 - Zoomin EN
  • Les éthylotests disponibles dans les commerces qui vendent de l'alcool dès juillet

    Jusque-là, seules les discothèques et les épiceries de nuit devaient proposer des éthylotests à leurs clients. Cette obligation va bientôt s'étendre à tous les magasins qui vendent de l'alcool. Mais Julien Chivé, caviste bordelais, n'est pas vraiment convaincu. "Je trouve que ça ne sert pas à grand-chose. Les gens savent bien qu'après deux verres, il faut s'arrêter si on veut reprendre la voiture. Et les clients rencontrés ce jeudi matin ne voient pas non plus l'intérêt d'en acheter. "Ca me semble absurde", lance l'un d'eux. "De toute façon, après deux verres, on sera positif, donc c'est à chacun de se gérer", explique un autre.Dans l'épicerie de Virgine Matheron, à Talence (Gironde), il est difficile de trouver une place pour les éthylotests. La gérante doit enlever des produits et envisage surtout des coûts supplémentaires. En effet, dans le supermarché Carrefour City, qui en commercialise depuis un an, ces produits ne sont pas très populaires. "On en a vendu trois en un an", confie le gérant. Près de 50 000 commerçants devraient proposer des éthylotests à partir du 1er juillet, sous peine d'une amende de 675 euros.

    08/04/2021 - LCI