Home > Trump-bashing gets physical at China tech show

News
Trump-bashing gets physical at China tech show

Description

It might be the most low-tech item at a Shanghai consumer electronics fair, but a bash-able Donald Trump is eliciting perhaps the most physical reaction from visitors amid his tech-and-tariff war with China. A kiosk at the centre of the Consumer Electronics Show Asia (CES Asia) bills itself as a "stress-relief" station where you can smash a life-sized bobble-head likeness of the US president with a hammer.

Added on the 12/06/2019 04:00:00 - Copyright : AFP EN

To customise your video :

Or Create an account

More videos on the subject

  • Trump Threatens China's Xi Jinping With More Tariffs If He Doesn't Show At G20

    President Donald Trump said that China would be forced to make a trade deal with the US but doubled down on threats to impose steep tariffs on all of its products if negotiations failed. Trump said he would move forward with plans to levy duties on about $300 billion worth of additional products if Chinese President Xi Jinping did not attend the G20 summit at the end of June, where the two leaders are expected to meet. China has not confirmed those plans. He indicated that escalation would take effect "immediately."

    10/06/2019 - Wochit
  • China May Have Held Backdoor Talks With Tech Companies Ahead Of G20 Meeting

    Anonymous sources speaking to the New York Times say the Chinese government reportedly met with several top American technology companies. Furthermore, sources say the government urged them to not cooperate with President Donald Trump's ban on American technology sales to the country. According to Business Insider, the New York Times reported that the meeting was held with companies the country had labeled "unreliable" as a response to Trump's blacklist of Chinese technology giant Huawei.

    08/06/2019 - Wochit
  • After Huawei Blow, China Says U.S. Must Show Sincerity For Talks

    The United States must show sincerity if it is to hold meaningful trade talks, China said on Friday. U.S. President Donald Trump dramatically raised the stakes with a potentially devastating blow to Chinese tech giant Huawei. China has yet to say whether or how it will retaliate against the latest escalation in trade tension. The world’s two largest economies are locked in an increasingly acrimonious trade dispute that has seen them level escalating tariffs on each other’s imports. Foreign ministry spokesman Lu Kang said China always encouraged resolving disputes between the two countries with dialogue and consultations. “But because of certain things the U.S. side has done during the previous China-U.S. trade consultations, we believe if there is meaning for these talks, there must be a show of sincerity,” he said.

    17/05/2019 - Wochit
  • Trump's Huawei Ban May Hurt Apple And Other Tech Companies

    On Wednesday the Trump administration banned Chinese electronics company Huawei from buying parts from US companies without the government's approval. Markets Insider reports that while some experts say the ban could have negative implications for US technology companies, including Apple. China on Monday said it would hike tariffs on $60 billion worth of US goods in a retaliatory measure after the US last week raised tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods.

    17/05/2019 - Wochit
  • Tech Stocks Lead Wall Street Rally

    According to Reuters, tech stocks are leading a rally on Wall Street, pushing the Nasdaq and S&P higher. By the afternoon on May 14th, the top three markets on the New York Stock Exchange were trading up over 1-percent each, after falling more than 2-percent a day before. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 344-points, getting its biggest boost from Boeing. The Nasdaq Composite jumped 125-points, while the S&P 500 added about 40-points.

    14/05/2019 - Wochit
  • Insultes, grève et dépression... Le grand ras-le-bol des blouses blanches

    Presque trois mois après le début de la mobilisation du personnel des urgences, la colère continue de s’amplifier. Débutée le 18 mars dernier à l’hôpital Saint-Antoine à Paris, la grève du personnel paramédical s’étend désormais à une petite centaine de services. Ce mardi, un nouveau rassemblement s’est tenu en début d’après-midi, devant le ministère de la Santé pour réclamer notamment plus d’effectifs, zéro hospitalisation sur des brancards et une prime de 300 euros mensuels nets en reconnaissance de la pénibilité de leur travail.Retrouvez l'info en temps réel avec Le Parisien : >> http://www.leparisien.fr/#xtor=AL-1481423430

    11/06/2019 - Le Parisien