Home > Netflix Wants Aziz Ansari Back Following Misconduct Allegations

News
Netflix Wants Aziz Ansari Back Following Misconduct Allegations

Description

Business Insider reports that Netflix has said that it is "ready" for Aziz Ansari to go back to making shows for the streaming service. This after the comedian has spent months laying low. Ansari was accused of sexual misconduct. He has not produced any new content for his award-winning show "Master of None" since an anonymous woman who went on a date with Ansari said he forced himself on her. This despite numerous "cues" that she "wasn't interested." The article was published on millennial women's site Babe.net. It sparked an online firestorm, with many people questioning whether the situation the woman described really amounted to anything abusive. Ansari has largely laid low since the article. He did respond to it with a statement that everything between the two of them had been "consensual."

Added on the 30/07/2018 09:10:59 - Copyright : Wochit

To customise your video :

Or Create an account

More videos on the subject

  • Aziz Ansari Announces New Comedy Special On Netflix

    Since allegations of sexual misconduct, comedian Aziz Ansari has kept away from the spotlight. But now the comedian is making a come back and announced he would have a comedy special, on Netflix. “Aziz Ansari: Right Now” will begin streaming on July 9 and have Spike Jonze as director. According to CNN, Ansari was known for his Emmy-winning Netflix show, “Master of None.” Although Ansari wanted the show to continue it is unclear whether it will return for a third season.

    04/07/2019 - Wochit
  • Aziz Ansari Addresses Misconduct In New Netflix Special

    According to CNN, it doesn't take long for Aziz Ansari to mention the elephant in the room during his new Netflix comedy special. In "Aziz Ansari: Right Now," on Netflix, the comedian discusses the January 2018 allegation against him and the ensuing fallout. "There's times I felt scared. There's times I felt humiliated. There's times I felt embarrassed. And ultimately, I just felt terrible that this person felt this way."

    10/07/2019 - Wochit
  • Aziz Ansari Returns To Standup, Discusses Sexual Misconduct Allegations

    Aziz Ansari recently embarked upon his “Road to Nowhere” tour, which some are describing as a comeback. Ansari himself chooses to think of it as a series of pop-up shows, says UpRoxx. A week ago, he briefly made an onstage mention of the sexual misconduct allegations that prompted him to retreat from the spotlight. According to Vulture, with "voice wavering," he addressed how the experience has changed the way he thinks. He said, "It made me think about a lot, and I hope I’ve become a better person."

    12/02/2019 - Wochit
  • Aziz Ansari Addresses Sexual Misconduct Allegations During New Comedy Set

    Aziz Ansari kicked off his “Road to Nowhere” tour with a pop-up show at the Helium Comedy Club in Philadelphia on Tuesday night — his first major outing since the allegations that surfaced against the Parks and Recreation star in early 2018. In a piece for Babe.net, an anonymous young woman opened up about a date with Ansari that sparked intense debates over the nature of consent.

    06/02/2019 - Wochit
  • Aziz Ansari Responds To Sex Misconduct Allegations

    Los Angeles — Comedian Aziz Ansari has responded to allegations of sexual misconduct by a woman he dated last year. Ansari said in a statement Sunday that he apologised last year when she told him about her discomfort during a sexual encounter in his apartment he said he believed to be consensual. This is the text Grace* sent Aziz Ansari after their date which left her feeling “violated”. Read the full story on https://t.co/FyMMG6uO1j. pic.twitter.com/lPOvW6tFTr — babe (@babedotnet) January 14, 2018 Ansari says he was surprised and apologised.

    15/01/2018 - Wochit
  • Aziz Ansari Accused Of Sexual Misconduct

    Actor/comedian Aziz Ansari has been accused of sexual misconduct. The allegations leveled against the Master of None star are the latest in a string of claims that have been made against some of the biggest stars in Hollywood over the last several months. Beginning with the massive Harvey Weinstein scandal that first dropped back in October, the Me Too and Time’s Up movements have brought to light just how rampant sexual misconduct is within the entertainment industry. Some major names have been publicly confronted about their sordid behavior, including Louis CK, Kevin Spacey, and Sylvester Stallone.

    14/01/2018 - Wochit